Saturday, April 24, 2010

Web Conference

I think the web conference was a great example of how technology can be implemented for communication for educational purposes. I was a little anxious about it because I could not access it the first time. In this occasion, the connection to the online classroom was fast. Once I connected, voice and image were issues all the time. At some point of the session, I realized that this kind of communication between teachers and students was one of the 21st Century tools that I have been reading about lately. I also realized that the success of some of these new technologies are dependent on the technical knowledge of students and hardware and software features like bandwidth, memory in the computer that is being used for the session, and operating system. Students with the proper technology tools can have the advantage to attend a class that may not be available in the area.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guillermo! I know you are a member of small group C for our cohort. I wanted to make sure that I invited you to join to my Wiki, but your email address isn't listed on the Cohort sheet. Here is the address http://sites.google.com/site/beckygodell/
    Looking forward to a fun group!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete